See below for current job opportunities. Please follow us on Twitter and LinkedIn for updates on new opportunities.
We are also happy to talk to potential associates and partners. Please contact us with relevant details.
Please visit the website of the New Economics Foundation for details of opportunities within the Foundation.
We are currently recruiting for the following position…
See below for a full job description.
The successful applicant will play a role in shaping the evolution of the consultancy, taking it into new sectors, and developing and winning new business. Passionate about social change and sharing NEF Consulting’s aims and values, you will have an interest in the bigger picture and in helping others to see the links between social, economic and environmental issues. You will be a valued member of our consulting team delivering projects, winning work and providing impartial advice to clients.
How to apply:
Please ensure you complete the application form and an Equal Opportunities form and return them both, before the closing date, to:
Download the application form for the Consultant role here.
Closing date: midnight, 19 November 2017
Interviews: Week commencing 4 December 2017 (There will be an in-office exercise)
Download the Equal Opportunities form here.
£28k to £34k per annum
Permanent, Full time, London – flexible working may be possible
We are looking for an experienced researcher / consultant with an understanding of the systemic links between social, economic and environmental issues within society. You will have a passion for putting new economics into action and a background in designing, managing and delivering consultancy or research projects.
- Design, manage and deliver socio-economic impact research and consultancy projects across a range of NEF Consulting product areas: evaluation & impact assessment, training & capacity building and strategy & culture change.
- Develop and secure new business opportunities for NEF Consulting in partnership with other members of the team.
- Represent the consultancy publicly at speaking engagements and clearly communicate new economics principles and research.
- Support the development of our research and tools for public and private sector markets.
- Provide training to small groups in evaluation and impact assessment tools and methodologies, as required.
Minimum (mandatory) criteria:
To apply for the role we request that you have:
- Minimum two years client facing consultancy or research experience.
- Economics, social science and/or sustainability background.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to communicate complex ideas to non-specialist audiences.
- High level of numeracy and the ability to understand complex datasets.
- Experience of delivering high quality outputs through team working.
- Business development experience: writing and winning bids, tenders and proposals.
- Proven track record in working in a fast-paced environment and against tight deadlines.
- Experience of delivering training and/or facilitating workshops.
- Minimum second class honours degree.
Desirable (optional) criteria:
- Highly proficient in use of Excel or other statistics packages e.g. SPSS.
- Experience of group facilitation / presentations.
- Advanced degree e.g. Masters/Doctorate.
We pride ourselves on our open and collaborative, but fast-paced working environment. It is therefore really important that you are:
- Both a strong team player and self-starter who enjoys taking initiative.
- Comfortable working with minimal direction.
- Able to think analytically and creatively.
- Comfortable working across multiple projects, responding quickly to change and balancing rigour with practical solutions to meet tight deadlines.
- Keen to apply and develop your research (primary and secondary) and presentation skills and, over time, acquire additional skills fundamental to work as a consultant (e.g. project / bid management).
- Able to form strong working relationships with people from diverse backgrounds.
- Able to tailor your communication style to explain complex ideas to a range of (non-specialist) audiences.
- Easy going and able to have a laugh in the office!
Our offer to you
Your career development is important to us. In exchange for your energy, enthusiasm and commitment we will give you:
- A salary within the range (dependant on experience) :
- For the consultant: £28k to £34k per year
- 25 days holiday increasing to a maximum of 30 days after 5 years.
- 3-4 days of extra annual leave per year to cover the Christmas break (non-transferable).
- Contribution of up to 7.5% into the Pension Scheme on joining the organisation, or into a Long Term Savings Scheme after completion of 6-month probation.
- Free Gym membership.
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Employee Assistance Programme with up to 6 free face-to-face sessions.
- Interest free travel card loan.
- Childcare vouchers.
- Refund of an eye test and £50 towards cost of glasses if needed for use with VDUs.
- One-to-one support, mentoring and training to develop your research and consulting skillset and career within NEF Consulting.
- Dedicated training on core NEF Consulting methodologies such as Social Return on Investment (SROI).
- Access to a vast body of knowledge, skills and resources through NEF and partner organisation networks.
- Exposure to senior clients, industry stakeholders and thought leaders.
An offer will be made to the successful applicant subject to two satisfactory and current references being secured, along with your eligibility to work within the UK without restrictions.
How to apply
Please ensure you complete the relevant application form and an Equal Opportunities form and return them both, before the closing date, to:
Download the application form for the Consultant role here. Closing date: midnight, 19 November 2017
Download the Equal Opportunities form here.
We look forward to receiving your application but if you have any questions, please email us at email@example.com