When: 16 February 2017, 10:00-16:15
Where: The Foundry, 17 Oval Way, London, SE11 5RR
Registration: Free (Click here to register)
Led by Cornwall Council, Staffordshire County Council and Islington Council in partnership with the New Economics Foundation, this event gives participants the chance to hear from public sector leaders about their experience with:
- Creating resourceful communities where people are people have control and shape their own lives;
- Developing and supporting the role of social action in public services;
- Cultivating leaders at the neighbourhood level who can support new and existing social action projects led by citizens.
For local authorities and clinical commissioning groups, places are limited so make sure to register now.
- Rob Wilson MP, Minister for Civil Society
- Simon Parker, Director of Strategy at Redbridge Council
- Vicki Sellick, Director at Nesta
- James Asfa, Citizens UK
- Bev Taylor, Volunteering Development Manager for NHS England and specialist in community development and reducing health inequalities.
- Rob Andrew, Assistant Head of Communities and Devolution at Cornwall Council.
- Andrew Donaldson, Head of Strategic Policy and Partnerships at Staffordshire County Council.
- Jess McGregor, Assistant Director for Strategy and Commissioning, Islington Council.
- Nick Gardham, Chief Executive Officer at The Company of Community Organisers
- Helen Sharp, Associate at NEF Consulting
This is a free event. Click here to register your attendance.