How do you know you are making a difference? Proving social impact is not just critical to funders and investors, it is a guiding light for most socially driven professionals. But too often people are put off by complex tools or dry approaches.
Here at NEF Consulting we love helping organisations get to grips with impact and this course is focused on finding the right type and level of evaluation for your specific project. Packed with methods and principles it provides a practical introduction to social impact measurement.
Over two days we cover each step in the journey towards a full Social Return on Investment (SROI) evaluation.
So, what differentiates this course and our accredited SROI option? In one word – flexibility. We will take more time to cover the fundamentals of impact measurement and qualitative and co-production techniques. This will enable you to be confident that you can measure what really matters to your own stakeholders. You will also have the chance to embed learning through action planning and coaching others.
Topics covered in Measuring Social Impact
During this two day course we will cover:
• The big picture: what is social impact and why measure it?
• Identifying impact: understanding outcomes and conducting robust qualitative research.
• Involving stakeholders.
• How to measure wellbeing outcomes.
• Developing your own Theory of Change.
• Accounting for impact – identifying your share of changes created.
• Social Return on Investment.
• Action planning and peer-coaching.
• Best practice case-studies and communicating impact.
What you will learn
By the end of the course you will be able to:
• Explain the business case and social imperative for measuring impact.
• Identify the appropriate depth and frequency of evaluation for your project.
• Select the most practical, but rigorous sources of data.
• Justify sample sizes and assess the value of closely involving stakeholders
• Create a tailored Theory of Change for a project.
• Demonstrate the use of attribution, deadweight and drop-off.
• Discuss the use of social valuation and explain different methodologies.
• Design an impact map and measurement action plan for your own project.
Who should attend
This course has wide appeal to anyone looking to understand or apply social impact measurement. Previous participants have included CEOs of social enterprises and charitable organisations, change managers, CSR executives, programme managers and project officers.
Who will be running the course
Samra Mariam is a consultant and trainer with a strong background in evaluation and impact assessment in a variety of settings. In her work with NEF Consulting, she focuses on quantitative and qualitative measurement and analysis of social, environmental and economic costs and benefits using a variety of methodologies, including Social Return on Investment (SROI) and social cost-benefit analysis.
Measuring Social Impact training dates
Prices for courses
All courses are subject to U.K. VAT. Fee includes refreshments and lunch on both days, as well as training materials.
See our terms and conditions